All parents have irrational fears.
I have discovered this by talking to many. Josh has an obsessive fear of spider bites. I am overly fearful of staircases and nearly sickened just watching my son go down those concrete ones at church by himself. My girlfriend nearly gets ulcers watching her kids eat fearing they will choke at any moment.
You get the idea. What is yours?
My mom's fear is sharks. And my brother and I have made her sweat more than a little with our trips to the Keys, Jamaica, Hawaii, and the like. "Watch out for sharks" has become a tagline or family motto. Last January walking around downtown Indianapolis's SuperBowl village, I texted my brother from the crowds and excitement. His way of saying "Be careful"? Just the simple text back: Watch out for sharks.
So, while in Michigan, my siblings and I took a family picture for my mom's birthday.
Then my sister-in-law set this picture up. Sometimes I crack myself up....
On Saturday we surprised her with 16x20s of both. We will have to see which one is hanging up at Christmas!I love you, Mom!

3 comments:
hehe now that's just mean :o)
That is soooo wrong, but hilarious!
So my irrational fear is that anytime my child is near a street of any kind that a car will magically appear and run over him. We stay in the back yard alot. Funny enough the pool doesn't scare me at all.
Post a Comment