Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy
and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of
you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over
all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
I've been thinking about really deep friendships lately. Do
you have any in your life? Not surface friendships, but Dead Body friendships.
(You know, the person you would call if you needed to hide one?) Er, just
kidding. The friend who will kick your butt or lift you up when you need it. The
kind of friend where hanging out is what you “do” together; the point is that
you just want to be together. The friend who is more concerned with always
being real instead of always being right.
When you are little, like my kids are, their friendships are
created by the little people I choose to put them around. This is not an
aspect of parenting that I wish to take lightly. It is difficult enough to find
adults who wish to “dress themselves” in compassion, humility,
gentleness, patience, and love. Let alone find ones who are raising their kids
that way.
So far my search for friends for my kids has been fruitful. Then again, I know some pretty amazing women who lift me up when I need it. I wish I had pictures of all of them!
“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a
circle of those who are.” - C.S. Lewis

2 comments:
Luv You!
Yay friends!
Post a Comment