I can remember when I brought home from high school some slang. It was 1989 and I told my mom to either "chill" or take a chill pill, I don't remember which. Her reaction elicited quite a memorable reaction (we don't have to go into that), but what she spurred on afterward is what I really remember. She taught my six year old brother to shiver and go "brrrrrrr" any time I would say, "Chill."
So there I am, a teenager, annoyed with my mom, mumbling "chill out"-- probably frequently-- and this little red headed munchkin is following me around shivering and making fun of my angst.
I found this most annoying.
Today, in the car, Hudson began his barrage of questions about where and why and how and I loudly growled, "Chill out. Chill out. Chill out."
{Silence from the backseat. Then...}
"But I don't know what that means, Mama."
Friday, August 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment