Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Girl

My girl has grown up. She is intelligent. Witty. Beautiful. Our time together was fun on overdrive. She continued to open my eyes to the world in ways only she can. I will miss her daily.

Just so my failing memory can enjoy this post in the future, with less tears than it currently is shedding to write it, here are some of my favorite moments from her trip:

-Josh calmly eating Kung Pao chicken at the airport when we waited for her to deboard the plane, while I nervously and nauseously paced the arrivals waiting area like an expectant father.

-Hudson and Tucker's instant attraction, infatuation, and love for her.

-Mariya effortlessly falling right back into her punching "Slug Bug" routine. (Those Ukrainians have eagle eyes for VW Beetles, I'm telling you. I have the bruises to prove it.)

-Hudson's voice calling for, "Maaaweee-uh" or the morning when he looked at me so seriously and said, "FESsy is still sleeping."

-The two "Mommy's Drinking Club" nights I took her out with two totally different groups of girlfriends. My sides still hurt from our fun.

-Just laying on the couch with her like we did a hundred times before watching Project Runway.

-Her morning Olympics medal update. Do YOU know how many medals Ukraine currently has? I do.

-Teaching me Russian and Ukrainian.

-Watching her ride the tube behind the boat.

-Seeing her pet sharks at the zoo. If you could bottle that kind of joy, you could sell it.

-Tucker cuddling with her. Daily.

-Church. Church. Church. That is our special place.

-Having our family room sound like a meeting hall at the UN when she would Skype with a friend. And how she would run into the room where the boys and I were, grab Tucker, and then show him off to her friends back home.

-Listening to her sing "Pour some sugar on me" as in "Pooooed some suga on mee"

-FESsy teaching Tucker how to high five.

-The cans of Pringles I had purchased for her hanging out in our "mini-food-store" (what she calls my pantry).

-Talking. Talking. Talking.

-Playing Yatzee like every single day!



Sigh....


No comments: