Monday, September 28, 2009

Out and about


Oh what difference a week can make! After seven days of rain, yesterday's weather no-frills fall temps felt amazing. Josh and I perked up the yard with our new little helper. Hudson figured out the joys of sticks and mud. Of course, he mowed the yard with his dad; however, this time he did not fall asleep. (Did I mention that he fell asleep on the mower last time? Who says chores can't be soothing!)
This morning I am hovering over my phone --and laptop--waiting for the baby doctor to return my phone call. Little dude has, what I think, is a biblical case of the ole diaper rash. We have been working through this for a week too. Some days it looked much better, but it was looking rather horrible yesterday. Josh, who is sensitive to this area, told me last night that Hudson needed to go in.
It is not that I don't agree, or don't want him to feel better. Rather, we have reached the age where Hudson can and wants to play with the germ infested toys in the pediatrician waiting room and I don't want him to touch anything in there. I understand trying to get some repeat business, but shared blocks and books in a place where sick people come to be evaluated has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. This diaper rash could turn into who knows what after a quick visit to their waiting room. "Want some flu? Touch the brown ball." "Here is the pink eye puzzle." It is free samples of the medical variety...{doctor's call}
Yes! An appointment in an hour! Gotta go.

1 comment:

Kris said...

ew the waiting room toys. They told me that the wash them every night...but still....I agree with you.
And I am pretty sure they can't wash all those books every night.
It is impossible to keep them away from the toys once they know they are there.
Building immunity, right?
Hope his rash clears up soon!