Here is a shocker for you. This soft-hearted, sentimental, emotional Heather hates Valentine’s Day. Always have. I don’t like inflated prices on flowers. I don’t like Pepto-Bismol colored hearts. I don’t like high-priced chocolate. When I was teaching I would treat my yearbook students to a day of competitive carnival games in the annual Anti-Valentine’s Day party right in the middle of major deadline time. At Friday’s playgroup Valentine’s Day party I was the only mama wearing black.
I am unsure how to raise a son to gently disrespect this Hallmark holiday and not make him a menace to his future wife. Hmmmm…
Anyway, here is my date for the party. He is quite a looker.
Yes, I am distinctly aware that today is Hudson is 18 months old. “One twelfth the way to moving out,” my engineering husband quipped as this soft-hearted, sentimental, emotional mama started to cry. Good thing I had some overpriced sweets in the house!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment