When I was a college student returning to my home church, so frequently a member of the congregation would come up to me and gush over how mature I looked or how much I had changed since they first met me. I guess at the time I found this strange. How did my life –and my aging—affect them? However, over the past year I am starting to understand. I now realize how much of a treasure it is to watch kids grow and mature. And those kids—all they do is constantly change right?
This week we were able to have a little boy from church come over and play. Hudson was so precious with him. Unlike the playgroup friends who are within two months of his age, this little boy was younger. Hudson took every opportunity to give him toys to play with, show him how to work his electronics, and even give him back his paci after he dropped it! Hudson is much rougher and more territorial with friends his own age.
We have had the opportunity to be pals with this little man since he was in the hospital and there he was –so grown up—right there in my living room! But it isn’t just the church friends. Those kids in the playgroup are getting so independent. His pal Special K is starting to link together multiple word phrases. Even those friends whom we only know via the computer are just growing up so fast.
How enjoyable it is to witness these babies grow and change! Sigh… I am just like one of those oldies from my home church that would come up to me and say, “I remember when you were *this* small.” Wow. I am an oldie.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment