Over the past couple of days of this spring-tease weather, I have discovered that my son is 100% boy.
He loves mud.
Sticks.
Piles of dirt.
Creepy crawlies.
Powertools.
Cars. Trucks. Buses.
It never occurred to me until his mid-day emergency bath earlier today that I have been able to make it this many months (nearly 19) without him really needing a bath. Sure we've had some pretty serious attacks from Spaghetti-Os and yogurt, but never dirt like this. Because of the time of year when he was born and his immobility last summer, we've escaped the must-have-a-bath-immediately era. Until now. Until this summer when I anticipate our bathtub will be the most frequented spot in our house. (Maybe next to the washing machine?!?)

3 comments:
Oh the mud. Gotta love the mud! Those pictures are priceless. Ayden has looked like that on more than one occasion recently and the clean up is so much fun. He doesn't like anything on his hands though so they are at least clean when we go inside :o) It's great fun splashing in puddles and getting completely disgusting looking! Never thought I'd be so excited to play in the mud.
I am impressed you just let him get down & dirty.
Just think what it's like to have TWO mud loving, puddle jumping, outside loving little boys. How full do you think my hands are going to be this spring/summer with another miracle on the way!?! Oh Lordy!! Just bring your mud loving little boy to my house. We can find a dry spot to sit down, have cup of java and let the boys get as muddy as they want!!
Post a Comment