Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Room

So, since my son doesn't present his best face for pictures these days, I thought I would showcase his new diggs. The biggest change for all of us is the absence of the crib. No longer do we rock and read before naptime and bedtime. Now we lounge. It. is. fantastic. Amazingly, Hudson never seems as close to sleep as Josh and I do when we have to finally get up to leave the room. One night soon, Josh will not make it out awake. I am sure of it.

Suprisingly, Hudson still cries for me to come and get him out of bed. I haven't really pushed the, "you can do this yourself!" independence notion as I actually prefer to get up and take care of him rather than have him poking me in the nose after coming into our bedroom in the middle of the night. Hudson loved his crib and only a bed as cool as his dad's racecar one could take its place. Since it will be months before the baby's room is ready, I think he will forget all about the crib being "his" by the time he sees it again.

We have recently checked out a couple of books about new babies from the library. He seems unimpressed.

Here is his bed again. For those who don't know the specifics, this bed was made by Josh's two Harris uncles back in 1983. It was Josh's bed until we got married. Ha. Well, almost. Although the pictures don't really show it, the walls are a lighter tone of the same blue/teal the bed is. Besides a brand new mattress, the bed is completely original.
We have hung up a whole bunch of transportation-related decor. And, of course, the Hudson poster I made him after we visited the Hudson museum.

More cool shelves.
Gotta love Craigslist.

Interestingly, Hudson now HAS to have covers on. He frequently wakes up in the middle of the night because he is "cold" even though he wears the same pajamas to bed and we keep his bedroom at the same temperature. He just loves being covered up (like his mama). I missed the simple single small crib sheet the first time I forgot to put a pull-up on him for naptime. Washing top sheet, bottom sheet, and comforter takes two loads. Ugh.



Add caption
 Hudson inherited one piece of Heather heritage in his new room too. He now has my great-grandfather's desk in his room. Impossible that one day he will be doing evil math worksheets upon its top. For now it works well holding his hordes of books and those checked out ones about babies. 




3 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

It all looks fantastic.

Macey said...

So cute. Love the shelves. Remind me to get the names/authors of the "big brother" books we have here that Ayden seems to like.

Every Day is an Adventure said...

If I had a nickel for every time I didn't make it out of the room until about 300 am. So many nights falling asleep before Rachel or Rebekah. I would usually wake up with one of them sleeping on my back :) Sometimes I miss those days.