Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bushy bushy blond hairdo...

We didn't particularly plan that yesterday would be the official first haircut for mister man, but that is how it worked out. After a lovely day of being productive on the homefront, Josh and I took Hudson "uptown" (as my grandpa would have said) to innocently cut his hair. I say innocently because in no way did either of us expect the true outcome: he looks older with his locks trimmed! That is not what I thought would happen.
So, how much is it worth to have someone else cut your child's hair? Lately I have turned into the princess of penny-pinching, so I *might* have taken on the task myself if scissors were not involved. It was expensive compared to a free cut with me, but I will eat one less fast food meal this month for the joy of getting to just watch this moment.
Yes,we went to one of those kid-specific hair places. I was appreciative of their child-safe seats (with harness) and cartoon options. The slide and playgym in the waiting area was a hit too. I did not opt for the "Baby's First Haircut" package which included a free picture and lock of hair attached to a piece of colored paper. I has my camera --of course--and you all know how I feel about the hair issue. (see June 16 blog). Holy cow! I wrote that Hudson needed a hair cut four MONTHS ago. Nevermind the cost, I think it was deserved.
Naturally, Hudson was scared to death of the electric trimmer and I was really glad at that moment that I was able to be a comforter and not trying to use that piece of machinery on his neck and ear area. Considering how often I have snipped little pieces off his head over the summer, I am shocked at how long some of the hair was.

Here is how it all turned out.

Today after church and lunch the three of us went to the state park to do some hiking. Well, naturally, Hudson had the best seat in town for the .5 mile straight uphill trek back to the car. We hit the playground for a couple of minutes too. It was just gorgeous to breathe in all the fresh air and absorb as much sunshine as we could muster. Almost makes you forget that we had the first frost overnight. Oh fall, I love thee!








No comments: