Friday, October 16, 2009

State of the Utensils

My little 14 month old munchkin is just changing faster than the speed of light. So here is an update of where we are at this moment. Tomorrow, this could all be null and void!



Feedings: The child loves his meals; wants to use forks and spoons. I typically feed only 20% of the meal and then the utensils are surrendered to him and he does a pretty humorous job at self-feeding. (Believe me I have many more pictures like the yogurt facial shots I took a couple of posts ago!)


It is definitely amusing how much Hudson adores his milk. His face lights up like a jack-o-lantern (holiday appropriate similie) whenever you say and/or sign it!





Sleepings: 11-12 hours at night; one nap a day; we have very regular routines now and he rarely gives much fuss, although nap length greatly varies



Favs: hot dogs, Choo Choo Soul (Disney program), dancing, swim class, Mr. Brown can Moo, can you? and all other books, singing Pony Boy and Row, Row Row your boat, riding on his cars, sitting on my lap with his legs crossed, hot dogs (yes, enough to mention twice), baths, playgrounds, mulch piles, turning off and on light switches, storytime, waving to strangers, making our day with his smile


Not so much: diaper changes are torture moments for all parties, constant bumps to his head--interestingly always in the same place, not being able to use our cell phones, being patient with others



Talkings: Wants our cell phone and uses it to "talk" with the phone behind his sweet little neck.




Uses ASL signs to communicate hello, cheese, milk, fan, all done, bath, more, light, and touchdown.

Attempts to say many sounds--newest word is "light"







Current Schedule: Marlin & Minnows class once a week, storytime at library once a week, playdate with friends at least once a week, one day at home all day once a week, lunch out with Mama's friends once a week, waving to the trash man every Wednesday morning

2 comments:

Kris said...

Some of this sounds so familiar.... :)
Sorry I didn't get back to you about today.
Dwight forgot the clothes, but said he could pick them up at lunchtime.
Or I am up for meeting you for lunch or something at the outlets. I know. Last minute again. Seems to be how I operate these days.
Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Jason loves the woman on Choo Choo Soul. It's so catchy too! Tanner loves all Disney shows!