Most of my days lately have left me exasperated with a certain 30 inch tall young man. That look of utter defiance and unwillingness to cooperate have left me --yes, even me-- speechless. During dinner last night with friends I literally asked, "What do I do about THAT?!!?" when I received the near typical "whateva" stare from Hudson. And for that reason, let me begin this week with some reasons why I LOVE this toddler age:
Hearing him make car, truck, and snowmobile (pictured) sounds.
Kite flying.
An excuse to have a pantry full of Teddy Grahams and Goldfish crackers.
Listening to Hudson say, "Mama-Dada. Mama-Dada." like we are the a single entity.
Watching Handy Manny is actually entertaining.
I can find cute clothes for him for $1.99.
He still lets me dress him.
Exposure to great new children's authors and illustrators.
He likes to go for walks in the stroller.
Two words: sidewalk chalk.
Listening to Hudson try to say "chalk" which comes out more like, well, something completely indecent and funny.- He still naps. Everyday.
- Hugging. Loads and loads of hugging.
- Watching his imagination take over.
Listening to him talk to Mr. Giraffe and monkey every morning.- Everyone thinks he is cute.
Which means that I rarely have to do my hair or wear makeup because no one is looking at me.
I love library storytime. (Don't tell anyone)- When he hears a horn, he touches his nose. I don't know where he picked this up, but I find it hilarious.
- He believes that colored water is "joose".
- Did I mention, I can spend 20 minutes drawing with sidewalk chalk "for Hudson"?
Spotting a real airplane or live worm is the most magical thing.- Actually, so many of the regular, mundane aspects of life are new to him and therefore, cool.
4 comments:
Sidewalk chalk is AWESOME ~ except when they try to eat it!
all good things to remember...especially when I am trying to 'breathe' through a time out :P
Ooo sidewalk chalk and bubbles. Favorite of ours too! I always enjoy your lists because I can relate to them all too well, no matter the subject :o)
Yes, thankfully, it is just a stage. Unfortunately it will be followed by one annoying stage after another. The upside is that all the positives....hugs, smiles, watching him learn, experience, and enjoy life far outweigh the other stuff. I often have to remind myself of this too....
Post a Comment