Monday, November 8, 2010

Animal adventures

What a gift from God. Today was absolutely fantastic. We went to the zoo to soak it all in. Hudson was very articulate before we left telling me a list of the animals he wanted to see. ("Zeba" ,"Lefant", "Turtul" to name a few) I was just happy to be walking around wearing just a t-shirt. While all week appears to be just as delightful as today, we enjoyed having the zoo to ourselves as very few people were prepared for these balmy temps this late in the year!
Hudson's new "thing" is that he likes to play in his crib. Isn't that weird? He asks to be put in there and tells us to leave his room. Of course, my curiosity has me lurking outside the door listening in. I wish that I could just record the conversations that he has with his assortment of half a dozen stuff animals who share the space. His imagination is in full-throttle now. Today after fifteen minutes or so I went in and sat on the floor by the crib and tried to participate in the action. He said something goofy, and I said, "Hudson, you are so silly." To which he replied, "Yeah, I funny. Hudson funny boy."

(Shaking my head...) Yep, Buddy, you are funny and fantastic. Just like seventy degrees in November.

1 comment:

mistymadisonjo said...

Yep, I think he is pretty fantastic to.