In no particular order I am very thankful for...
1. black jelly beans (see, I told you this was in no particular order) But they are delicious and I am eating them right now...
2. my husband who builds me things like a new kitchen, has finally learned to censor work-related bathroom stories, and makes me laugh at least once a day.
3. Little Man for saying hilarious things which keep me on my toes. My current favorites are how he calls his slippers "Sleepyshoes" and call vitamins a "vit-a-day" because I am telling him constantly he only gets one "vitamin a day".
4. my amazing collection of friends: old ones and new ones. I really appreciate you all. A special shout out to five women who made this past month bearable because of their constant words of encouragement and support to MaceyMae, CC, Sarah, BigMama Mushroom, and Becky. I hope I can repay you somehow.
5. finding two careers which both allow me to make money and work from home. Absolutely blessed.
6. the creators of Handy Manny. In the scope of really horrible cartoon options, I actually like your little show and the fact that my son can count in both English and Spanish and isn't even two and a half yet.
7. my little town here of Franklin which --among other assets-- has a toy store, coffee shop, and candy store all within walking distance of my home.
8. football Sundays. What a fun game!
9. a safe pre-school for Hudson to have a good first educational experience at.
10. our family. our family. our family. our family. I can't get more specific without writing a novel.
11. naptime which allows me to blog despite the craziness of this day.
12. my doctors and nurses who have taken care of me this past month. I hate your bills and Anthem insurance, but I digress...I appreciate going to a supportive place.
13. planning vacations. I think I like planning the vacation is as much as the vacation itself. I can not wait to hit the beach!
14. veterans and soliders. 'Thank you' doesn't seem like enough.
15. my grandparents whose wisdom resonates with me every single day. Granny said the best time of her life was her thirties and I love knowing that each day when I find myself enjoying life more and more.
16. the neighborhood cat whose honor I defended yesterday against the tomcat bully. Thank you for the dead mouse you brought me to show your appreciation. You didn't have to do that. Really. Don't do it again.
17. my book club. Thank you for keeping me reading worthwhile literature!
18. wine. Sorry, I can't say #17 without thinking about #18. Both are fantastic.
| He actually knows what tools he needs. |
20. a fantastic church and church family which provide us loads of support and opportunities to grow.
21. Reading books with my son. Just saying, "my son" might be equally amazing.
22. diet Coke and sushi. Mmmmm. Maybe I should go eat next.
23. my blog readers. Thank you for e-mails, making comments, and stopping me in the neighborhood to say that you enjoy stalking my son's life and my voyage into motherhood. I love hearing from you (even when you are co-workers of my mother and we have never met!).
24. how wonderful the holidays are going to be this year. I can already sense it. Hudson is so excited about Christmas trees and festive lights. I just about can't hardly wait!
There. That was one thought for each day this month. That was easy and a bit therapeutic! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:
Your friendship is more than enough repayment for mine! You have been more of a friend to me than many that I actually get to see every day and I so wish we lived closer. What a great list!
I sure we wished we lived closer! Love your posting, I sooo may have to steal your idea. Love watching and comparing the boys. I love knowing that I am not crazy when I see Spencer doing things and then read your blog to know that Hudson is the same. AHHH, HUGS
Post a Comment