Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Highwaters


Although there is no flood in our forecast here in Indiana, Hudson has been sporting pants for one. In the past three months he has grown over two inches. Seemingly overnight all of his pants are too short. It already feels like my full time job is going through Hudson's closet and pulling out clothes that are too small. But I am in need of some serious clothes evaluation for little man. Oh how anxious I am for the time when he can wear a particular size for more than just a couple of months. I have had a box ready for too tiny outfits since the day 6 pound Hudson came home.

One wonderful thing about kids is they can get away wearing clothes that are too small and too big longer than adults can. No one calls a kids midrift a "muffin top" no matter how chubby it is. They just say, "Look at that cute belly!" Even today sporting his green courdroy overalls (for the last time, I might add) with his legs hanging out of the pant legs (while sitting in a shopping cart), the cashier at Target looked at Hudson and told me, "I could just eat him up! What cute legs." An adult just can't pull that look off. If you don't believe me, just ask the perpetually single Ronald McDonald.

An adult in too short pants is just scary!

1 comment:

mistymadisonjo said...

Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about Hudson's friends making fun of him because his pants don't fit!