Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Move over Snuggie

As not seen on TV: Cozy all-flannel pajamas (special features include velcro closures instead of snaps) made by Grandma Harris. We have two pairs, the Chicago Bears ones seen here and penguins. While they might be cute, I have seen a bit too much of these lately. Hudson is cutting another molar and he has been waking up in the middle of the night. We had a really bad one this week. He was up repeatedly Monday night. His third screaming alarm call came at 3:20 a.m. and unlike the previous wake-ups after a bit of soothing, this time he was ready to play. Amazingly by the glow of just his night-light little man was able to make his way around his room just fine playing with his cars and "reading" books. Of course, I presented the largest obstacle as I attempted to sleep in my makeshift bed on his floor. Soon he grew restless and after using my body as his personal jungle gym, I tearfully took him with me to our bed.

Having Hudson sleep with us is never really the best laid plan. I am not against co-sleeping in any way, but we have a full sized bed and between my snoring spouse and giving Hudson ample room, I just don't get decent space to rest. But, on Monday night, I was too exhausted to be kept up by the snowblower to my right and the four inches of space I had to sleep. Thankfully, Hudson did relax and fell asleep shortly. And he was awfully cozy to curl up with.

4 comments:

Kris said...

nice jammies :)
hope you get some good sleep soon!
and hopefully we can get together with you guys soon too. we are still basically avoiding most outings due to these coughs.
I will be very thankful to get rid of them...

Ashlee said...

I LOVE THE BEARS SNUGGIE! WHERE CAN I GET ONE, SISTER? haha. He looks adorable!!

Anonymous said...

The little man looks pretty cozy to me in his new Bears jams. He'll most likely be rooting for the Bears tonight like his Daddy, Aunt Ashlee and Papa Bear!

mistymadisonjo said...

If mama doesn't have sleep, nobody should get sleep!