Sunday, November 1, 2009

ZooBoo

In case you are childless or not from central Indiana, ZooBoo is a rite of passage for all parents of children of the metro area. During this magical evening you too can enjoy the gorgeous multicolored foliage of the Indianapolis Zoo ankle to ankle with every stroller wheel in the area. For the price of standard admission you also get to have the joy of supremely overcrowded attractions plus a free Tootsie Roll five times throughout the plains area. Sooooo worth it! Just kidding.

Well, I guess everything I said is true, but with just one child confined to his stroller seat, I found it quite enjoyable. The zoo was very pretty (I mean spooky) and the animals were suprisingly out and active. Humorously instead of the usual litter around different exhibits, you found hats, wigs, and other pieces of Halloween garb left by an excited kid.

I will say this: I definitely noticed a distinct difference in the countenance of mothers of one child versus those of two or more. While I was able to laugh off the crowds and the cheapskate candy, some poor mothers looked frazzled just from trying to get three or four costume-wearing children out of their Kia minivan. Food for thought!




Here is our contribution to the stroller brigade. Angela, Micah, Sarah, Kaelyn, and us enjoying the forests area.

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Looks like you guys had a good day for Halloween!

Christine Joy said...

I did a similar thing years ago with three kids, two elderly grandparents, a spouse who always disappears in crowds and another family with two younger kids. Whew, we were worn out before we made it from the parking lot to the zoo entrance. This was a Christmas lights display so of course it was at night, very cold and too many people.