Monday, January 4, 2010

Each new day

Topic of today--what are your new year's resolutions? Um...I don't really make them?
It isn’t that I don’t believe in resolutions, rather I don’t see the point of attempting to change your life just once a year. Why do people decide to be different just once annually versus changing themselves at this instant? New year’s resolutions work as well as the diet that you will start on that elusive “Monday”? Why not put the chocolate chip cookie dough down right now? Clearly I have way too many opinions on this subject.

Yet… (there is always the yet…) I am keenly aware that I have a 16 month old constantly watching my every move. He has started imitating behaviors and being a little mockingbird to words and phrases that unintentionally fall out of my mouth. So, in light of those little eyes always watching, I do have a couple of things that I am constantly trying to improve in myself that I will articulate here in hopes that they will rub off on my observer.



1. Be more Christian. Be more openly spiritual.

2. Write more personal notes. Thank yous and emails do not apply.

3. Waste less. Have less. Keep less. Use less.

4. Have less care and concern to the state of cleanliness my house. Build tents of blankets in the family room. Leave them up for days.

5. Live this mantra: “Don’t worry your kids don’t listen to you. Be worried they are always watching you.”

6. Take more intentional breaths.

7. Plant something from seed.

1 comment:

mistymadisonjo said...

love #4, thanks for the bit of inspiration, I need some around here.