Friday, June 25, 2010

Slowly going insane...

I think there must be some scientific correlation between how badly a woman wants her baby to start referring to her as Mama/Mom/Mommy and how grating that very word can be when you hear it 3 million times a day. Every single day, every single hour, and perhaps every single fifteen minutes, I have a conversation with my baby that goes like this:

Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What?"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What?"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What?"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What?"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What?"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What???"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What??!?!?!!"
Hudson: "Mama"
Me: "What!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hudson: "Hi."


Or to put it another way, I hope that you have time to visit this link to see Hudson and I in our finest cartoon form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8


I admit, I wanted Hudson to say "Mama" very badly. Now, I would be happy to join a witness protection program just to officially change my name to Beaureguard (not disappear, of course).  Oh, you just gotta love this age. So curious about so much. Coming up with funny new words and expressions. His new thing this week is if you ask him what he wants to drink (while at a restaurant) he will say, "Coke. With ice." Just like his Mama Mama Mama Mama Mama.
Love it.


1 comment:

Macey said...

Oh how I do love a good "how many times can I say Mama in 2 minutes" game... :o)