Sunday, July 18, 2010

More. More. More.


More was essentially Hudson’s first word. After months of showing him the sign, I will never forget how excited I was that he signed it back to me. Hence, it was the first concept I knew he understood.

Hudson still daily asks for more. The change is now he says the word, rather than signs it, and now he asks for more of the things I can not give him.

More airplanes (in the sky)?

More sirens (from a working firetruck)?

More fireworks (boom boom)?

More “emi” (semis traveling down the road)?

More bunny (living in our bushes)?



And I love it. Not, obviously, the fact that I can not meet his every demand. Frankly, that part is pretty heartbreaking. Especially when he asks for more so genuinely and sweetly, grabbing my face with both hands.



Rather I love the simple fact that my son thinks I control the sun, moon, and stars. All too soon is the reality that our parents can be our everything, but they can not control everything.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Very sweet!!

mistymadisonjo said...

Great post! Lovin some Hudson in those boxers.