I don't like being cold. And it always is.
I don't like driving all over yonder. And I always do.
I don't like living out of a suitcase. And yet, that is reality.
I don't like malls this month. And I seem to have to visit one.
Plus my cynical self has seen our society get way too far from the real reason for Christmas. Life just does not seem to be as relaxed as it should be.
Thankfully, already this holiday season an attitude adjustment was delivered to me via a familiar little boy.
He has shown me the season through a fresh set of eyes where everything is new and "awesome" and "soooo prett-y!"
Two substantial snows have brought so much joy and wonder; I had forgot that cold could provide.
Listening to a continual "OH WOW! LOOK AT 'DIS, MAMA!!" as we drive all over yonder makes each mile worthwhile.
Suitcase life, while still stressful, allows Hudson to experience other people's homes and traditions.
Shopping for gifts is actually fun, regardless of the crowded store.
I don't think I am alone on this one. Little man has provided me with the same attitude adjustment that all children provide. A fantastic reminder of Christmases before stress and bills.
2 comments:
I took some of the exact same photos of Spencer as he helped decorate the tree for the first time. Sniff, sniff. How sweet it was.
Remember...living out of suitcases means that you have loved ones to share the season with. That makes you one who is really blessed.
Post a Comment