Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New addition

Our family continues to grow. Hudson now is the proud owner of a "pish". At his Dada's request, this little lady, a Chinese fighting fish or betta, moved in with us last week. She is just the most sedate creature in the world.

Hudson had difficulty understanding the concept of giving her a name. His first choice was "Hud-sen" which we clarified was already taken by him. Next, he chose the most beautiful name in the world, "Mama?" which again we said was already taken. Then, he thought "Dada" sounded good. Finally, his fourth try stuck. The fish's name is Toy.

Amazingly he does not bother Toy very often. He will talk to her and play in her general vicinity for a spell. He has tried to feed her popcorn. (Maybe that is why her water is cloudy.) Anyway, I don't think she was hungry. Hopefully, she will be with us for a nice long time.


And...

Seven months from today (gulp!) another little lass or lad will be moving in with us as well. I am incapable of articulating how fervently I prayed for this. Turns out, it was His will all along. We are absolutely thrilled. So, I think it is safe to say you will be hear about these new additions (the latter more frequently than the silly fish) many times through the next couple of blogs.


4 comments:

Andresen Fam said...

Congrats, Heather! I'm sure you, Josh, and Hudson are so excited...about the fish and all! Haha! I'm so happy for you guys and hope you're feeling well. Merry Christmas!

Kris said...

YAY!! So excited for you guys. Having a fish is so much fun. ;)
Oh, and so is the second kid :D What awesome Christmas news!

ladyanderson said...

Yay! That is so awesome! I feel like I'm still a part of your life by reading your blog, haha :o)

mistymadisonjo said...

I cannot express the joy that fills me heart. HUGS from OK