We are a book reading family. Naturally, more books of intelligence and substance were read B.H. (before Hudson), but I still try and work in literature between Parenting magazine articles. (Yes, thank you, book club ladies!) As of late, even Hudson’s reading repertoire has evolved. We have started leaving rhyming board books behind in favor of little stories that have plots and even dialogue.
One of the sweetest memories recently was the other night Josh and I hovering outside little man’s room while he read a board book to himself. He not only “read” the word at the bottom of page, but he also asked some of the same questions that we ask him while we read. That kid really is paying attention!
Yesterday morning, I gave Hudson this $2.99 moose puppet that I found over the weekend. He was wearing it around the house and I came upon him recreating the story “If you give a Moose a Muffin” (read it, you’ll love the O. Henry ending) to our pseudo-adopted, formerly drifting neighborhood cat. It was absolutely precious. The cat seemed to enjoy it as well.
Later this week we are going to hit the Scholastic book sale and try and snag copies of other books in our current favorite series to accompany, “Llama Llama, Mad at Mama.” It is another great book which you need to read. Come over anytime, and Hudson can read it to you. And the cat.
3 comments:
Ayden and I LOVE If you Give a Moose a Muffin! We actually have a bunch of her books: Mouse to School, Pig a Party, etc... They are really cute and have great pictures! What a cute memory of Hudson reading to the cat. :o)
I love the picture of him reading to the cat
Love when they start doing their own "reading." It is the best. Rebekah was reading to our driver today on the way to school. Not sure how much he understood but she loved it.
When the girls get all dramatic, as girls will do, I often use the phrase, "llama, llama, why the drama?" on them. Sometimes they laugh and sometimes they roll their eyes ;D
Post a Comment