I interrupt my this-is-never-going-to-be-over house renovation project to blog. I am surrounded by a house in chaos. I do blog today from a new location: a freshly-painted baby's room with new carpet. Of course, I am illuminated by a window without any coverings looking out to a garden of blooming flowers where the sun is shining, yet it is snowing. (Read: chaos)
For the past five days my living room floor has hosted the entire contents of my master bedroom and then some. My kitchen has two dressers and a bookshelf in it. I lost my dining room to piles upon piles of who knows what. How is it that it only took a couple of hours to get everything OUT of the rooms to be carpeted, but it is taking DAYS to get it all back in? (Read: more chaos)
Speaking of craziness, I had to reschedule a doctor's appointment recently because I knew that I can no longer take little man with me. The appointment was for multiple blood draws and seeing the OB. The appointment lady did not seem to understand my reasoning. She suggested that I bring him with me. I refrained from asking her if she has ever been around a two year old. I thought she had to be pretty dumb. There is a reason that I have not been to the dentist or eye doctor in over a year: They don't have free babysitting. My in-laws are coming to stay with Hudson during the middle of the week soon and I am feverishly trying to schedule every possible appointment in a 24 hour period. I will catch up on my People magazine reading AND blow most of my HSA in one quick swoop. Double bonus.
Alrighty, I better get back to finding my house again. And my son who has become suspiciously quiet. Hudson had four potty accidents on Monday. I blame the chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment