Baby has started doing a nightly tai chi routine. I just love quickening. If there was any aspect of pregnancy that I wish would never end, it is this. Naturally it comes with a cost. Sleep is a thing of the past. Sometimes I wake up and before I can really wonder what caused me to come out of my slumber I get a swift kick in the ribs and say, "Ohhhh, yeah."
Due to some travel arrangements I have slept in the same bed as Hudson twice in the past week. He too has reached the phase I think all kids go through where they sleep like a crazy person. He does a little kung fu practice during his dreaming. But before I tell you how unrestful those nights were, I stop and remind myself of how we feel asleep both times. Little man would get his face right next to mine and whisper, "Hold hands, Mama". Pure heaven. I can not remember the weight of his newborn body in my hands or even the pressure of his toddler head on my shoulder, but how I wish I could forever remember his sweaty little palm hanging on to my hand those nights.
A month ago-- yes, it has taken me that long to blog about it-- a total stranger said the most hurtful thing to me. I was at the baby doctor and had little man along with. He was cozy on my lap and she made some comment about my pregnancy. She told me that her oldest, her little man, was a real mama's boy until the day the baby came and then he was all about being with his dad. She said he didn't even cuddle with her anymore. Each of her statements cut into my heart. I fully anticipated that Hudson would secede to the world of dada's boy one day, but not in just a mere 16 weeks from now. Ugh. That's enough to keep me up at night.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, my brother is 12, has two younger siblings and has NEVER EVER stopped being a Mama's boy. He still wants hugs and wants to lay with her on the couch. This coming from a 175 pound, 5'8" boy who got 2nd in the state in wrestling last week. Hudson will always be your boy :o)
I agree with ladyanderson...my little boy turns 22 in 39 days and he still tells me he loves me and kisses me goodbye - all of this in public where it isn't cool. Little men know a good momma when they have one :)
Post a Comment