Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday

We all have our thing. Mine is open toed shoes. I was obsessed with flip flops way before they became the rage of all tweens and Old Navy shoppers. It is possible I have not seen my bare toenails for a full 18 years. I was even voted best feet of my senior class. (Be jealous. Be very jealous.) I detest the five months a year where I have to wear real shoes, but I am old enough to know that snow and exposed toes do not mix.

So it was a sweet, sweet day in the world of  parenting when my son requested a pair of "fip fops" of his own. And then proceeded to wear them for the next 24 hours. Yes, even to bed.

Small victories, people. Gotta relish in these little moments. Hudson decided this week that naps are no longer cool. Lord help me.


P.S. From the Do Not Forget He Said This File: Last night Hudson told Josh, "It's not scary, Dada. It's racin'."

1 comment:

Every Day is an Adventure said...

Try not to be too jealous...I have been in open toed shoes since the beginning of February. ;D Check back with me in another month when I'm sweating my a#@ off and I may not be so smug. Right now though, it's great.