Yesterday we had the unique opportunity to go to the hospital and see two babies. Two baby boys even. Our friends and our friends/neighbors were both at the hospital at the same time. I thought it might be good practice to take up little man and introduce him to the world where Mama and Dada will be this summer before bringing little brother home.
Coming home last night, I started looking back over old blogs wondering about what life will be like with a baby and a little man. I read often about issues we were having, but not often about the resolution to those issues. So, here is an update on our most recent stress: bedtime excuses.
I created a chart for Hudson's door and every naptime or bedtime that he stayed in bed, he got a sticker. After five stickers, he was given a "big surprise" (cute to hear him say!). I mention all this in past tense because it worked like a charm. It only took a total of seven sleep sessions and Hudson earned his big treat. (A sundae from Dairy Queen which he loved!)
His methods of stalling have not stopped; they just don't get him out of bed anymore. Here is Josh's favorite. He captured this little video before last night's bedtime. Hudson loves his "just one more book". We do too.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a sweet boy :)
How could you resist that sweet face?
Post a Comment