I don't really think a holiday is a holiday unless it is synonmous with some type of decadent food treat like jelly beans or a type of pie. And since this St. Patrick's Day I will not be enjoying any green adult beverages, today was definitely not on my radar as a day to celebrate. I thought I might attempt to entertain little man with a festive visit to the city's parade, but he made it clear he would rather play with trucks in the backyard. So that is how we have spent our morning. Good thing. Turns out the kid does not own one green thing (except some camo vest which is too small for him). Plus I realized that a potty trained kid has to use one evil green thing when in public: port-a-pottys. Ew. As a pregnant lady who has to "go" all the time, I wasn't sure how to deal with that by myself. Let alone, I don't know if I am ready to brave one of those for his needs right now. Once we realized we were not leaving I allowed myself to chug water with helpless abandon.
I know of families that have cute St. Patrick's Day traditions. Leprechaun friends that reek havoc on the house on the days leading up to today. Green eggs and ham for breakfast. That type of stuff. Please share (with your normal communication methods) if you and your family do something fun. I think that I need to have a plan for next year. In the meantime, I will just sit outside and watch Hudson play more trucks this afternoon while eating a bag of black jelly beans and counting down the days until Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment