A difficult adjustment to the world of a two-year old is knowing exactly what kid you are going to be dealing with in any given situation. Hudson often exerts his independence and opinionated stance on every topic possible and acts much older than his age. Then there are those moments when insists on being held, refuses to put his feet down, cries and clings to us like a leach. You just never know which kid you will have on your hands.
Enter the world's coolest dad, Josh, who made special arrangements last week to take little man to the ultimate of all two year old dream destinations: the local firehouse to visit his friend firefighter Joe and see the fire engines. Dressing Hudson in his flashing siren shirt and boots, I was convinced that this would be the evening of his life. But when they returned I found out that while independent Hudson was the one I dressed, our timid and shy little boy was the one who arrived at the station. Hudson said all of three words and never left Josh's arms during the entire visit.
We know he had a good time though. He chattered up a storm when he was back home and wanted to sleep in his shirt. I have called Hudson my "Little Man" since the day he was born. Interesting how appropriate the juxtapositon is these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment