Friday, April 15, 2011

Sibling Rivalry

If possible, they are at it already.
For the past couple of weeks I have been having (fabulous) steady kicks and rolls from Baby H. I have tried several times to have Josh catch a feeling of his youngest child moving and dancing around, but it has been hard. Every time Josh touches my stomach, it seems that Baby goes into a state of sedation.
Enter Hudson. Hudson has the opposite effect on Baby. Every time I am holding Hudson the Baby either starts to punch or seemingly judo chops harder. Is it possible that Baby is instigating fights already? Gracious sakes.
 I wish I could get you to see Hudson newest antic of showing us his baby moving. He lifts up his shirt and expands and contracts his stomach quickly. This little belly undulating makes us crack up. He came up with this on his own. I have not really had him try and feel the baby kick, although I am surprised he has not mentioned it on his own.
No one --including Josh-- probably knew how much I wanted to be the mother of two boys. I am elated about my future, but curious too about how it will all turn out. Two boys three years apart screams sibling rivalry.  So, if you know me at all you know what I am about it say: Yeah, I am reading a book on it. Hey, what do YOU take to read on your beach vacation?


2 comments:

Macey said...

Oh yes! Ayden and baby #2 have been "at it" since the day I started feeling him wiggle! I know the feeling. Though it wasn't until I was much bigger that Ayden started acknowledging that he was feeling little one move around.

I LOVE that Hudson has made up his own "baby movements" on his tummy. So cute. I bet he's going to be an awesome big brother. As for sibling rivalry, I think you and I are both in big trouble some day :o) but, I bet they'll also be the best of friends and witnessing that will be worth all the fighting :o) Maybe I should borrow your book when you're done with it though!

mistymadisonjo said...

ok, first I NEED a beach vacation. I SWORE having kiddos 10 years apart would elimate the sibling rivalry. Heck NO. Dinner time is filled with dirty little hands trying to touch big sister's arms. After a little scolding...his fingers are centimeters away, with the announcement of "I'm not touching." Hehehehe, have fun.