Seasoned mothers will read this entry and smugly nod that this is old news, but it was a shock to me that vacations lose a key element when accompanied by a child. That crucial component is relaxation. Please don't find this as a whine, but I had no idea that I would not be able to chill out when accompanied by Little Man. I know, I know, pity me, but um, who relaxes with their two year old near a pool? Or on their seventh floor balcony? Or playing in the ocean? I was not even granted a shower without a kid the whole week. But, alas, he did (drumroll) nap. Amen!
The last time we went on a vacation Hudson could not walk. And somehow that was easier. Suddenly those bubbleheaded bimbos on Real Housewives of Timbuktu have it figured out with their luxury vacations with three nannys in tow. With another baby on the horizon and no child-less recesses planned until our ten year anniversary, if you are interested in coming with us on our next trip, we are currently accepting applications.
Finally, the vacation pictures have all been sorted through. I initially threw away the above picture because, well, I look stupid. And then I moved on about ten pictures and found this lovely shot.
So, I saved them both for your amusement. Another reality check: he gets that goofy face from his Mama.
2 comments:
You are so right about a babysitter on vacation. From the time Jayme was 3 monthes (her first spring break)and Molly was 4 we NEVER went without a highschool helper. She made me a much happier vacation companion!!!! Start looking now!! Jayne
dude, count me in for vacation =]
Post a Comment