Every since the home decorating trend of putting vinyl quotes on your walls began I have been looking for the perfect saying to build my home mantra on. The problem is I love little aphorisms and can not commit to any given one. I actually have a written collection of quotes I love. (Strangely, so does my sister, so it must be in our genes.) Since Hudson's birth I naturally added parenting quotes that really spoke to me. My cousin Stephanie is the author of my most basic parenting adage.
Isn't that the truth? I really need to put this up on my front door so when people come over I won't have to stumble over reasons why my dishes are never done.
My second favorite is one I just read this past month in my book club book The Happiness Project. This is not the words of the author, but rather something she just mentioned. It feels so true to my heart during these exhausting times that I might just get it tattooed on my body.
Although, I might make it say, "The nights are long..." Ha. Ha.
The next one is applicable to all of us, not just children. I hope that those who care about me think of it as much as I do when dealing with my ...er...difficult, very opinionated, rarely napping toddler.
This final one, well, speaks for itself. Fair enough, it does not have to read just "father", it could say "mother" too. But that is how someone wrote it and I would not want to alter their poetry! Again, it should probably be emblazoned on a wall of our home just as a reminder that always our little parrot and mimic is watching.
Sorry, no pictures today. No one has been commenting recently, so I assume I am just writing this for my boys and I. I hope I live long enough that my boys can share their parenting thoughts with me.




6 comments:
I love all of these! I should just have a list of these kinds of quotes sitting on my bedside table to read every morning when I wake up. Such good advice!
I check your blog almost every day, and just don't comment :o). I love keeping up with your life!! It's like I live next door!
I check the blog everyday. That is how I keep up with my great-nephews. Aunt Lonetta
Just because we don't comment, doesn't mean that we aren't hanging on every word!!!
Oh dear cousin.....you KNOW that I am reading/listening/hanging on to EVERY word you write/speak!! You (sometimes) put into words my thoughts that I'm not able to write. Because Hudson and Connor are only five days different in age - a lot of what you post are things that I'm thinking or that I have just dealt with!!
So.....don't give up on us.....I know that you have your followers. Sometimes it's better for us to be silent so that we can "hear" every word you say!! :) :)
Love you!!
Ha! I love the first one...they don't even care if you play sometimes...just that you are actually on the floor! This would also be a good excuse for why people can't see my floor...umm, duh, we've been playing on it!
Post a Comment