Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shhh...nitroglycerin napping

So cuddly in the morning.
The other day I caught myself calling Tucker "Skeeter". Probably because I just saw The Help and probably because he is about the size of a mosquito. Then I heard Hudson refer to him as "Bug" and I thought I should rethink the nickname.

I am really trying to get Tucker to take formal naps when we are home. The kid loves to sleep during the day but he needs to be either be held or be in the baby carrier. He can handle any amount of noise and action if he is being held. Thankfully,  I can do a decent amount of the housework while wearing him, but it is killing my back. I enjoyed the massage I treated my body to last night, but I do not think we can afford it to be a weekly event. So, I have been trying to get him to sleep in his crib.

Sleeping in his crib is not his element. First of all, he is still reacting to the Moro reflex (where babies flail their arms like they are free falling when put onto their backs). You have to lie him down with uttermost precision. And to keep his arms in check, I swaddle him so tight he could fit through a keyhole. Secondly, when he is in his crib for some reason he needs TOTAL silence. This doesn't really fly in my current home as Hudson is crazy loud most of the time. And so I have had to break out my old "mean teacher looks" in attempt to quietly threaten Hudson after I have begged him to beeeeeeee quiet. Basically I feel like I am walking on eggshells and have a baby made of nitroglycerin.

Hmmm...Nitro is definitely a cooler nickname than Skeeter. I will have to see if I can make it stick.
I hate it when I miss the shot!

No comments: