During Tucker's four month wellness check the pediatrician found an inguinal hernia. While he does not appear to be in any pain, this is not something to be ignored or dealt with at a later time. Mister T will have surgery to correct the issue very soon. We were given a list of symptoms that, if he exhibits, we are to take him to the ER immediately. So far, so good. The greatest stress of the situation is the key symptom that something has went wrong is "crying without known cause". Well, he is a four month old and he cries (according to Hudson, a lot) often for reasons we do not immediately know. And every time he does my blood pressure sky rockets as I sweep him back to his changing table to take a look at the hernia site for evidence of strangulation. This has been my life for two weeks now.
I appreciate modern medicine. I do. But I hate illness. I hate not being in control. I took the first available appointment at the pediatric urologist that we were referred to and his appointment is still. not. for. another. week. I just might eat my entire pantry by then. (Hi, I am Heather. I eat my feelings.)
The thought of my baby in surgery is not a happy one. But it is what I will be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day. He has a medical problem that 1. was found before it became emergency and 2. can be fixed. I am so grateful for both of these things.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Prayers with you and little man #2. Very scarey indeed.
Post a Comment