Thursday, November 17, 2011

Under Seige

Help! I am trapped under a stack of "to dos". I have spent so many hours looking over and editing pictures of other people's kids that I sort of view my camera with disdain these days. And the Lord knows that I better not post a picture of Tucker unless it was taken within the past 24 hours because that boy is a'changin' faster than I can say, "Christmas is in 37 days?!?!?" I asked for a nice October and I surely got one, but this month...wow, November is just a blur.

I got up at 5 a.m. today because I have so much to do and could not sleep thinking of it all. (Yes, Tucker AND Hudson contributed to me waking up at 5, but they both went back to sleep.) And here it is, same day, 11:44 p.m. and I am still going. Gracious!

Here are a couple of random thoughts to get outta my head and hopefully sleep can overtake my body.
1. How is it that men can sleep so soundly? Have I not blogged about this? I genuinely do not think Josh hears the boys awake/crying in the middle of the night. But, alas, I hear everything they do. Actually I think I could sleep through a freight train running through my bedroom, but if Tucker moves in his bed, I would hear it. Grrr...

2. I wish people would stop asking me if Tucker is sleeping through the night yet. Seems to feel salty on my sleeplessness wounds. And yes, it is ironic that I am so tired and still so awake. I think women don't decompress as well as some{snoring man next to me}.

3. Hudson and I were working on a counting game the other day. The problems were like 1, 2, 3, ? , 5. I asked him to read it to me and he said, "1, 2, 3, mystery, 5." I said, "What is that?" pointing to the question mark. And again he said, "Mystery." So, question marks are mysteries. Love it.

4. Tucker is four months! He talks all the time. All the time. So cute. His stats are 26.5 in length and 15.5 lb weight. So, taller and leaner than Hudson was. Nearly exactly what Josh was.

5. Lead in (we had Thanksgiving dinner at church tonight)-- woman asked Hudson, "Do you like white meat or dark meat?" He said, "Yep" and a handful of both. (Literally.)

6. I have 1500 wedding pictures from last weekends wedding to go through. Yes, 1500. Maybe that is why I can not sleep.

7. I think I may still be post-partum-ing. I cried at least 5 times at the wedding. I did not even KNOW the bride and groom. But so sweet. So much in love. Sigh.

8. Speaking of which, my photography business is doing really fantastic. People must think I do a good job because I have been turning work away for a couple of weeks now. I should have put that on last week's thankful list. A thousand apologies...to myself?  I have ordered 10 families Christmas card but not even taken my own. Go figure.

9. I want to write a blog about Hudson helping me in the kitchen. It has turned into a nightly event. He does everything but use knives. He is learning the names of spices and knows how to run the hand mixer turning the bowl with his left hand and holding the mixer with his right. Seriously. The kid is 3. I would say I don't know where he gets his love of cooking but I am going to Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Penzey Spices, and Jungle Jim's all within the next 3 days, so I think he gets it honest!

10. Wow! I feel lighter! Night!

1 comment:

ladyanderson said...

Mmmm. I love Whole Foods..Wes and I are trying to switch to just eating things from there...too bad I have an incurable disease for loving Totino's Pizzas....