I kept a journal from about fourth grade through high school. (I know, you are SHOCKED.) At some point in my high school years, I realized that I never wrote when things were good. And isn't that the way life is? For those that write, the process is cathartic. You get those thoughts out and then you can function more normally.
Here I sit with a stack of work to address and my first thought is to blog. So here is my brain ramble...
The Good: Tucker has an ear infection. Lordy, you know you are in for a Debbie Downer blog if my GOOD is an ear infection! But it is good. After three weeks of a cold, finally we have some antibiotics pumping into Mister T to fix a right ear infection. Hopefully, better days are ahead. He is such a happy baby. I hope that I always remember that. I took his six month pictures last weekend and, despite his sickness, he was such a charmer. Pictures coming!
The Bad: The tooth looms. Well, technically the teeth continue to loom. No teeth have cut the gum, but you can SEE them. Bust through already. Baby boy has enough pain in his head without these two pearly whites hanging out in limbo.
The Ugly: I have spent too many hours (one would have been enough) this week at the ICU at Riley Hospital for Children. My buddy Paula's baby boy (okay, he is 6, but he is her baby!) is there. I hate babies in pain. I hate friends in pain. Unfortunately, my mind --and heart-- will be there until he gets to come home. And that might be a long road yet.
The best part of this blog, for me, is that I don't just write when things are bad. Matter-a-fact, I think I am pretty stinkin' Pollyanna about the majority of parenting, so thank you for letting me indulge in the dark side on this one stressful Saturday night.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that picture of Tucker Dale. So adorable. I hope he's feeling better now and one of those teeth have popped through. I keep a journal now and I realized I do the exact same thing. It's filled with melodramatic sob stories :) You do keep your blog really positive!
Miss talking to you.
Post a Comment