Saturday, January 28, 2012

Better beans


Whereas my husband does not believe in health foods or healthy eating in general (the man still thinks I should buy white bread, for Pete's sake), I try to embrace swaps and trades of my favorite foods for those which are better for me. For this reason I have a canister of steel cut oats, bag of navy beans, and plain Cheerios in my pantry. Each of these things presents a slightly healthier option to something I like to eat. However, to summarize how these three things taste, respectively, it would be like sawdust, dirt, and cardboard.

So, to occupy my recently Wii-obsessed three year old, I decided to let him create his own excavating site in my new office while I attempted to get some work done. Maybe they are not good for eating, but oats, dried beans, and bland cereal can quickly be converted to boulders, sand, and gravel in the mind of Little Man. My carpet may never quite be clean again, but it has absorbed enough fiber to last a lifetime!

T is much easier to entertain in his "world-o-chew" Poppa Beer and
Grandma Janet bought him for Christmas. He loves this thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you found a use for the bland food. I agree with your assessment of how they taste! Good thing you bought them, though, as they seem to occupy Hudson very well. Tucker looks so happy with his new "wheels"! kh

Christina said...

As usual, cute pictures of both boys!! However, I'm a little worried about the trama that Hudson is going to go thru when he realizes that he has been wearing the WRONG colors!! :)