Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Christmas Morning

We got in late and I should have been tired, but for obvious reasons, I could not sleep last night. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. I could not wait until morning to see my babies. At Tucker's first peep at 6:30 this morning, I ran to retrieve him. Naturally there was concern on my part that he would not even miss me, but at my usual good morning catcall, "Tucka, Tucka, Tucka, Tuckaaaaaa" he gave me a huge smile and buried his head into my neck. Ahhhh.
 For Hudson, I knew better than to wake him up, but at 7:30 I felt comfortable going in to open his blinds and let Mother Nature assist. So I carefully opened his door and he immediately sat up in bed and gave me a smile which could melt butter. I ran to his bed and he jumped up, wrapped his arms around my neck, nearly popping my head off. I. was. home.

Our first day together was appropriate. I did as little work-work as possible. Even less housework. Mister T's  new motto is "Don't let her out of my sight" and so I was tethered pretty close to him all day. But his two hour nap this morning in my arms was not interrupted by thoughts of what I was not doing. Instead, I kissed his forehead a hundred times over and relaxed.  Hudson and I built a fabulous tent which he called "your best work ever, Grandma, I mean Mama."

Every once in awhile you need a Ordinary Day Christmas Morning to remind you of how fantastic life really is!

Started downloading pictures. 

No comments: