It is rough owning up to our faults. Just ask my three year old. We have had a stint of lying going on in our house and it is not comfortable for anybody. I definitely did not think this would be an issue we would have to deal with at this age, but after surveying the Mom's Panel (those chicas I consult whenever I am feeling like we are going off the deep end) it turns out this is about right.
I can see not telling me that he just punched Luke in the face or that he just peed his pants. And that is how it started. Typical conversation would go like this:
Me: Hudson, did you pee your pants?
Hudson: Nope.
Me: Hudson, your pants are wet.
Hudson: I spilled on them.
Me: What did you spill on them?
Hudson: My drink.
?!>?!> For real? Already he has the alibis ready? He will make up a story to save his butt at only three years old? So not prepared for this. But his little alterations are becoming more all-encompassing. He will tell a fib about what he ate for breakfast or whether Tucker is awake or asleep. Frequently our conversations would go back and forth with the oh-so-adult "Uh-huh" and "Un-uh". Naturally, the last thing I want to do is call my three year old a Liar!!! (But he was the little sneak.) So we now have to make sure we use our "Honest Words" all the time.
Now if I could get Tucker to stop "lying" and calling me "Dada." :)
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment