And, at the same time, we expect more of ourselves. We obsess with Pinterest projects. We exercise. (Well, we try!) We guilt ourselves into thinking our houses must be immaculate. We hold committee positions. We work. We go back to school. We take on more household responsibilities.
Parenting is sometimes too far down on our to-do list. Very rarely do we just sit on the floor and build garages out of Pop-Tart boxes and stay home all day and just be a parent.
I think about this a lot.
Last night I came across a blog on my newsfeed that made me cry. It made me put down my phone and bawl. It says all the things I have been thinking and more. I hope you will give it a moment of your time today.
Please click HERE. (Disclaimer-- don't read when you can not weep. Just warning ya.)
My baby is 9 months old today. He won't ever be this age (or sadly younger again). And so today, things are going to change. A paradigm shift has occurred.
1 comment:
I did not need to read this right now. Connor is currently running a temp of 105+. What am I thinking about.....how to bring down his temp and the "to go to work or not" question.
Why is it that I'm in this position? Because I have made wrong financial decisions. Because my wonderful husband is working a hard at a job he likes but.....it's also a job that doesn't pay him what he's worth.
So, am I harming my children right now by working full-time? That is THE question.
Post a Comment