Baby equipment I still need: humidifier/vaporizerWhen I figured this out: 2:02 a.m.
Hudson, a.k.a. Darth Vadar, has some serious congestion which comes on when he is sleeping at night. Last night was the worst. Honestly I had been thinking “I should get a humidifier” for awhile now, but I didn’t and then…well, you know how it goes. He slept from his middle of the night feeding until almost six o’clock on my chest while I sat up in bed. I felt so helpless. By six I decided he was going to get his dose of pink, bubble gum flavored amoxicillin and his bottle in the steam of our bathroom shower.
Amoxicillin. Thirty three years later and the medicine is just the same. Funny to me how it just smells like my childhood. It is engrained in my memory as the smell of waxy crayons or that orange stuff they spread on puke in elementary school. The steam room worked. I lost some weight and Hudson was breathing normally again. He is sleeping right now sitting up in his swing. We are headed to Wal-tucky to buy a humidifier. Who knows what else I still need? Guess I will find out soon enough. Just hopefully it isn’t at 2 a.m.
P.S. I forgot to share the most important statistics from his two month appointment. Hudson weighs 11 pounds 11 ounces and is now 23.25 inches long!!! He has grown 4 pounds and almost 3 inches in one month. Josh's mom consulted his baby book and he was 11 pounds 14 ounces and 23.5 at this same age. How cool is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment