Friday, October 24, 2008

A funny little tale

This blog has no pictures, but the following story is priceless. Curl up with a cup of coffee and read. Hudson, your daddy loves this story.

So, I have become a member of IndyMoms.com website. It is kind of like a Facebook or public forum for moms around the area. It has provided me with loads of helpful advice, tips, and news. (For example: I found out from there that due to the money-hungry folks at St. Francis and Anthem we only have one more week with our pediatrician. No more Dr. Hodson for Hudson. I am so ticked. But, I digress...) So, on this website I met up with four other "southside" moms and for a couple of weeks we have been walking together at a park in Greenwood. It is really neat; everyone is so nice and we have kids all within a couple of months of each other.
Yesterday, we are on our walk and chit-chatting it up, getting to know one another better. I found out one woman graduated from Purdue and I said, "Oh, my husband did too" and the rest of the conversation went like this:
Her: "Really? What is his name again?"
Me: "Josh."
Her: "Your last name is..."
Me: "Harris."
Her: "What was his major?"
Me: (gulp; I know where this is going) "Mechanical engineering."
Her: "What is his middle name?"
Me: "DID YOU DATE MY HUSBAND?"
Her: (nodding and laughing) "Yes if his middle name is Jacob. Dad is Dale. Mom is Kathy..."
Oh my!
So, out of all the women in the world, I meet up with one of Josh's former girlfriends in my Mommy Playgroup.

Who says being a SAHM (stay at home mom) isn't exciting?!?

Update on Hud: Little guy is still really congested. He is sleeping in the swing in his room with a vaporizer on. We have done a couple of steam showers this week. Overall, I just wish I could get him to blow his nose. (that won't happen for how many more years??) We go back to the doc on Monday and hopefully he is much better by then. This is the first week (in 4) that we aren't walking to the library. It is too wet out and I think he needs to be all cozy & warm today.

1 comment:

sportsmom1017 said...

Oh - what are the chances? You missed a good match last night. Did you see Sarah's picture in the paper? I am losing my docs too, it is a mess..... I hope Hudson is feeling better soon - Sarah and I might try to stop by this weekend if you are free....

LK