Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Synchronized Snoring

My troubles sleeping are getting more bothersome. It has always taken me forever to fall asleep, so obviously motherhood has really made this worse. If I had troubles before getting to sleep just once a night, now I go through the process(at minimum) three times. Last night provides a typical example of my sleeping: go to bed around 10 p.m. and fall asleep around midnight; feed Hudson at 2 a.m., but don't fall back asleep until at least 3:15 a.m.; feed Hudson at 6 a.m., but don't fall back asleep until almost 7; Hudson gets up at 7:30. Ugh.
Hudson's sleeping patterns are just like his dad's. He can fall asleep anywhere, very quickly, and is the noisiest sleeper ever. Additionally, he can take a 20 minute "power nap" and be good to go. I am a horrible napper because I never fall asleep in 20 minutes.
Last weekend Hudson joined Josh and I in bed on Saturday morning. After a couple of minutes awake, both of them fell asleep. I was awake, of course, and was never going to fall asleep with Josh and, are you ready for this?, Hudson snoring in sync.
Here is a cute little video I took this week of my noisy sleeper...



Hudson loves to be held while he sleeps. Right now we are in typical "blogger pose". (I need a picture of this, huh?) I am reclining on the couch and typing with a laptop on my knees while Hudson on my chest. He is getting too big to lay like this much longer, but I am not kicking him out yet because my little guy is sick...
Today we went to the doctor for his 2 month appointment and it turns out Hudson has a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! I knew he was acting cranky yesterday, but who knew??? So, he will get cuddled just as long as he likes.

No comments: