Thursday, October 9, 2008

For what it is worth

I intended to write this post about the final (post-insurance) hospital bill we received on Tuesday and for posterity sake I will note that my c-section cost $17,700 at St. Francis. However, I have something much more important to say.

My son smiled at me. Complete eye contact plus a giggle. He reacted to me. We were playing on his brain blanket and I said something to him and he just grinned and giggled.

The thoughts of my brain since that instant would read something like this:

I don’t have anything ready for dinner.
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

We owe the hospital like $1000 for Hudson’s birth.
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

Have I showered today?
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

Josh might have to go to England for work.
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

Bottles aren't ready?
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

I have late books at the library again.
Who cares? My son smiled at me.

A hundred things have happened, stressed me out, or attempted to clog my brain since this event, but they don’t matter because my son smiled at me.

video coming soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME!!!

I wish I had your talent.

You do an AWESOME job "blogging".

Please keep blogging!!!

Love ya,

Christina

Anonymous said...

How very precious and so young!

Anonymous said...

He finally did it?! He finally let those gums show?
I'm so happy for you
:)))