Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mind Games


People often wonder what babies dream about. I am interested in how conscious they are of their surroundings. Hudson has started grasping at us when he is being held or seemingly wants to be held. If I am rocking him, he will clutch onto the neck of my shirt. This, of course, makes it completely [emotionally] impossible to put him down. Lately when Josh goes in to soothe him back to sleep Hudson will reach and grab onto Josh's finger making his daddy completely melt. It is hard to believe that these actions which can so powerfully rock our hearts are done without serious premeditation.

Another psychological battle at hand…Hudson’s clothes. On Sunday I dressed him in khaki cargo pants and a rugby shirt (not onesie). Everyone at church thought he looked soooo old. It was true. The outfit could have easily been found on any boy from five to twenty-five. When we got home and he spit up on it, I was delighted. Immediately a cozy sleeper was found. Although I am not exactly a fan of little duckies and teddy bears adorning his every outfit, I have decided Hudson will wear sleepers (with feet, of course) until they no longer make them. Goodbye little man clothes!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am having trouble finding 12 mo. sleepers :( I can find larger ones, but not in the cuddly fabric of the tiny ones. I finally found a fleece one, but it didn't have feet in it! That just didn't make sense to me. I'm still searching for the right winter jammies for her...(I'm pretty sure she will have climbed out of the pants of the ones she is wearing now, by the time she gets up)
I agree though, keep them in the 'baby clothes' as long as possible :)