Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Big Little Man

As Hudson's 3 month birthday approaches, I thought it would be wise to make this new-fangled baby book more factually oriented...for this blog only...believe me, too many numbers makes my brain hurt.



State of sleeping: Sleeps at night (first stretch) for six to eight hours. Eats and sleeps for another couple of hours. Always wakes up by 7:45 a.m. Not a great napper—or naps just like his dad—20 minutes and he is ready to party again. Usually naps in afternoon for big stretch, but really varies depending on what we are doing that day. Has been sleeping in his car seat in his bed since ear infection last month. Always has classical music playing as he falls asleep.

State of ingestion: Eats 6 ounces of Similac Advanced every four hours. Does not miss a meal (during the day) and wants it on time! Eats most bottles lukewarm.

State of the discharge: Usually 6 to 8 dirties a day. Really stinky farts.

Hair: Basically blond, although rarely photographs that way. Longer darker hair in back (a.k.a. mullet) We haven’t cut his hair yet.

Teeth: Zippo.

Eyes: blue

Other body parts: Has birthmark on backside; getting really chunky legs; fingernails grow so fast and have to be cut at least once a week

Likes: I hate it that baby books talk about having his favorite toy around—he does not have one, or more accurately, I am his favorite toy. This week he has started holding rattles. He will hang out in his Baby Einstein activity gym, which we refer to as Baby Disco for a while. Loves taking a bath and making a huge splashing mess. He is really good in restaurants and busy places where there are things to watch.

Dislikes: Hmmmm…not really sure. He can sleep through daddy’s power tools as we remodel the kitchen. Turns massively cranky around 7:30 every night. So, I will say he dislikes 7:30 p.m. Oh yeah, and bright sunlight.
Pacifier: Sometimes without much consistency. Usually at naps. Chews on his hands often.

Mama’s favorite thing: His first diaper change of the day he is super smiley and talkative. I always pretend he is telling me about his dreams and he will chatter on for ten minutes or so. It is my favorite time of the day. As far as things we have for him, I could not live with out the Baby Bjorn backpack. I wear it while shopping, walking, and even around the house doing dishes.


Dad’s favorite thing: Josh loves it when Hudson laughs and smacks his belly. He also applauds Hudson’s gas. He loves Hudson's smile.

Personality: Content little guy. Very smiley. Impatient. Likes to watch people, things, fishtank. Likes being outside.

States visited: 4 (Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky)

2 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks for visiting yesterday, that was fun!
However, I should warn you that when Leah woke up from her nap she wasn't her usual cheerful self, then she was up most of the night sounding very congested. She is finally sleeping right now, so I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
If you haven't already, I would wash all the stuff you brought yestereday though, just in case.
Sorry!! I hope you guys don't catch anything!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like our little guys should be related! Your factual entry sounds like Roddick's First Year Calendar!