I am still smiling from the fabulous shindig that we had yesterday for Hudson's birthday! It was an amazing time; however, I am beat! Even, though I don't have any plans of hosting another first birthday party any time soon, I thought I better make some notes for what to do again and what to reconsider...
1. Call friend Donna for a great & gorgeous birthday cake.
2. Instead of a long list of appetizers and drinks that the birthday boy won't eat, make only 1 year old friendly foods: bowls of dry Cheerios, diced string cheese, cubed meat, and Vitamin D milk for everybody!
3. The Honda can only hold 11 latex balloons, one jumbo mylar, Hudson, and me and absolutely nothing else.
4. Share cake with the elderly shut-in neighbor lady because she was so appreciative.
5. Surround yourself with those you love and going from room to room, inside to outside just makes you smile all day!
6. If you don't think you'll have enough food, you have definitely more than you will ever need. Also, meatballs multiply when put into a crockpot.
7. Your guests will have a magnetic pull to the one thing you did not clean for the party (i.e. why was I giving a tour of the master bathroom shower???).
8. Completely wrap the antique wooden high chair in plastic wrap because cake icing transforms itself into steel glue when it dries.
9. Do not put Hudson to sleep while guests are still here. It is impossible to explain to your one year old where his party went when he wakes up from a quick 30 minute nap.
P.S. Enjoy reading this blog Jessica! You don't have to scrapbook this entry!
3 comments:
Ditto on everything you said. I'm glad you all enjoyed the party!
Looks and sounds like you had a WONDERFUL party!!! It helps to have wonderful friends/family that are willing and able to help!! Congrats for pulling it off!!!
Maybe next time you can call me to come over to take pictures so you can enjoy your day camera free!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment