Hudson has reached the age where the best toys are not his own. They are mine. Currently his favorite three things are my cell phone, my computer, and my toothbrush. Oh! and surrounded in a sea of his own blocks, books, and balls he will cross the room for a remote control that has been accidentally left within his grasp.
We had to take away the remotes when he ordered a Pay Per View movie from our cable provider. I didn't believe it at first but after a couple of intentional clicks of the remote on my part, I realized that it is very easy to do if you hit the same button a couple of times. They absolutely would not take it off the bill. We gave him a "fake" remote, one to our old VCR. He pushes the buttons every once in awhile, but when he realizes it does not do anything he gets upset and comes after a real one.
I am blogging right now because he is napping. I feel bad trying to blog or be on the computer when he is awake because he wants to push the keys. It is like I am the tormenting big sister keeping the cool toy away from the baby brother. (I know a lot about doing that) So, now I blog while he sleeps.
This morning he tried to get into my shower --again. I stupidly handed him my toothbrush to occupy his time. (What else in the shower is kid safe?) It kept him busy for awhile and then I saw him scrubbing the bathroom floor with it. I better go invest in some more.
This would have been his first week in daycare so we are trying to live it up doing fun things each day to celebrate our time together. Yesterday we had lunch with Josh at an awesome restored ice cream soda shop, Zaharakos, in Columbus. Also we have plans this week for playdates, outlet mall, and the zoo Thursday for Hudson's birthday. And now toothbrush shopping. Enjoy your day!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha, love the video, sounds like he quite calmly explained to you what he was doing :)
Loved Zaharako's too, I think I need a milkshake from there soon...
Leah has never been fooled by fake remotes or fake phones. They really just aren't as fun.
And she is very quick to change settings on the computer that take us weeks to change back :P
The ice cream shop is awesome! Madison went there with her grandparents and we heard all about it! Glad to see that he can entertain himself!
Oh man, Ayden is the SAME way! I love the video. Ayden does that too and then he tries to eat the wipes. One morning I walked into his room and his crib was full of tissues! What are these kids thinking!
Post a Comment