All three are basic overviews of what to expect and how to approach this new era. Josh and I have many questions and concerns. “Why is he so moody?” “How should we discipline?” “Can we ever go out to a restaurant again?” “How do we not laugh when he throws food?” My reading last night left me with a sense of peace: “The terrible twos starts at 15 months” (Toddler 411 page 21). Whew! Prior to reading that I was
My reading obsession is remedied by the local library. Many great titles are just a short walk away. Plus, since our town has a significant elderly population, I can also check out videos like Belly dancing for Wimps and Yoga for the Inflexible (real titles, I swear) while I am finding some parenting books for me and board books for Hudson.
In addition to our local resources, I am so happy to have found paperbackswap.com. It is a recycling website where you –for free—trade books with people all over the United States. I have sent and received over a dozen books now. My dusty copy of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s autobiography snagged the definitive potty training book Everyone Poops. Some old AP Language flip charts captured one of the parenting books.
I need to get reading. I am hoping to find a chapter entitled “Goodbye little immobile happy guy. Hello little this-is-my-body-going-limp-because-milk-takes-sooooooo-long-to-pour-grumpy-dude” before I tomorrow’s wake up call.
4 comments:
Yeah. Exhausting. And the tantrums and tears only get more pitiful when they are trying to talk through them and you can't understand a word they are saying...not that i know anything about that...
Can you actually still look for and find books at the library?? With Hudson? Leah turns absolutely crazy when we go in there and all she wants to do is RUN! I am almost afraid to attempt it anymore :(
Welcome to my world the past two months or more! I feel for you Heather and know that you are not alone. Tanner is almost 21 months and continues to have HIS DAYS of mood swings and PMS.
Miss you...hopefully next week we can find a day!
Okay, first I must say, you have read my mind. Can't even go into the number of things you mentioned that are ditto on this end. Secondly, you crack me up. You have a great way of writing!
I know why baseball players make so much money....They have to pay back their parents all of the money for the items they broke throwing things inside the house.
I just want to squeeze his 'lil cheeks!! :) :)
Post a Comment