Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple pickin'



Big changes are happening here in central Indiana. Mama's photography business has just taken a huge forward step and my 25 month-old seriously just told me that he couldn't help pick up toys because, "Can't. Too heavy." Frankly, both of these things are scaring the crap outta me!

The news with Heather Harris Photography is probably not near as interesting as Hudson's antics on our apple pickin' trip this week; so, I will focus on him. Sadly, I never had been apple pickin' (I like to say it that way) before. It was fantastic! They let you eat them as you "work". Sweet.
Hudson naturally loved it. I mean, what boy doesn't love free space to run, unlimited things to throw, trees to climb, and sticks to ...well, do whatever we do with sticks? Plus Mama comes home and actually bakes things. So far I have made a peach cobbler, peach pie (turns out the orchard sells other fruit too!), and the insides for --brace your hunger pangs-- Apple Pie on a Stick.


On the other front, Hudson is showing such signs of growth and toddler-esque behavior it is really daunting. He no longer want to be rocked before naptime and bedtime. This is killing Josh and I. Literally he asks for "bed?" after a couple of books. No more cuddles. No more falling asleep on our chest. *sigh*
At the same time he is humorously articulate and engineer-minded. (Lord help him.) He now rearranges furniture to get height to places he shouldn't be. He has figured out how to unlock the door and get out of the house. And if he does something wrong, he will be the first to say, "Oh Man! I broked it."

Fantastic changes all around.
P.S. No matter how big the business gets, you will always be my favorite subject, Little Man.

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Spencer is loving the potty, but peeing in the corner. Ah, such wonderful changes! OKAY, so what is up with your business. I want to know more!!!! Buying a new flash tonight.

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures! He is such a little man now - no more baby boy.... :(

Lori